Welcome to The Weill Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Program's web site. We invite you to browse our site to learn more about our Program
and to obtain helpful information about weight loss surgery, including:
- An introduction to our world-class healthcare team, led by expert weight loss surgeons, some of whom have helped to develop
procedures in bariatric surgery used today world-wide.
- The latest news about weight loss surgery and information about cutting-edge research in bariatric surgery being conducted at
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- Current information on our support group meetings. We invite you to attend these meetings, which are free and open
to anyone who has had surgery, is considering surgery, or who is a family member or support person for the person who has had surgery.
Please visit this site often for the most recent information on meeting times, places, and news.
- Information that addresses some frequently asked questions about weight loss surgery, such as:
- Is weight loss surgery the best choice for me?
- Which type of operation is best for me?
- Will insurance cover my surgery?
- How do I make healthy food choices after surgery?
- A section for healthcare professionals, which contains information about continuing medical education, articles authored by our team
members, and information about our laparoscopic fellowship program.
Thank you for your interest in The Weill Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Program. Congratulations on your positive decision to help
yourself and on your determination to defeat obesity!